Croghan Colonial Bank is a full service bank with products and services for both consumers and businesses. Our Senior Management Team is strong and stable. You’ll find we have a combined 300 years of banking and financial expertise within our leadership.
We have 18 locations across Northwest Ohio and are proud to serve Erie, Huron, Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca and Wood Counties. Regardless of location, we can serve customers across the country though various electronic banking channels.
James E. Bowlus, Lead Director
Fremont Candy & Cigar, Inc.
Michael D. Allen Sr.
Executive Vice President/General Manager
International Metal Hose Company
John J. Caputo
Jack Bradley Realty Company
James C. Dunn
Dunn Chevrolet Buick
James R. Faist
Claire F. Johansen
Lane of Dreams Farm, LLC
Stephen A. Kemper
Kemper Iron & Metal Company
Daniel W. Lease
Vice President Administration/CFO
WT Holdings, LLC
Thomas W. McLaughlin
Underground Utilities, Inc.
Allan E. Mehlow
Chief Financial Officer
The Mosser Group/WMOG, Inc.
Rick M. Robertson
The Croghan Colonial Bank
Gary L. Zimmerman
Rick M. Robertson
Kendall W. Rieman
Executive Vice President/CFO
Stacy A. Cox
Senior Vice President/COO
Barry F. Luse
Senior Vice President/Trust Officer
Daniel N. Schloemer
Senior Vice President/CLO
Jodi A. Albright
Vice President/Retail Operations Manager
Charles T. Barteck
Vice President/Retail Sales Manager
Laura M. Whipple
Human Resource Manager
|1888:||Croghan Bank was founded by Augustus E. Rice and J. W. Pero.
|1890:||The Croghan Bank and Savings Co. was incorporated, purchasing the assets and liabilities of the
|1904:||Croghan Bank and Savings Co. bought the Brainard property at 323 Croghan Street, Fremont - our
current Main Office location.
|1955:||Consolidation of Croghan Bank and Savings Co. with the Croghan Savings Bank was approved forming
the Croghan Colonial Bank.
|1955:||An expansion plan began with locations opening on the East and West sides of Fremont.
|1958:||Croghan Colonial Bank bought the Commercial Bank of Green Springs, giving us a new location in
|1977:||The Bank bought property for the Ballville Banking Center.
|1984:||Articles of Incorporation were approved setting up the holding company, Croghan Bancshares Inc.,
making Croghan Colonial Bank a wholly-owned subsidiary.
|1996:||Croghan Colonial Bank acquired The Union Bank & Savings Company. We gained the Bellevue, Clyde
and Monroeville Banking Centers with this acquisition.
|2001:||Croghan Colonial Bank expanded to gain a location in Port Clinton.
|2005:||Croghan Colonial Bank acquired The Custar State Bank, giving us a new location in Custar.
|2006:||We expanded once again, gaining a location in Norwalk.
|2007:||The Bank bought the Wilson Building in Clyde; we built a new Clyde Banking Center at that location.
|2008:||Croghan Colonial Bank relocated our Norwalk Banking Center to a full service facility.
|2011:||Croghan Colonial Bank acquired branches from The Home Savings & Loan Company. We gained the
Fremont North, Tiffin Downtown and Tiffin Westgate Banking Centers with this acquisition.
|2013:||Croghan Bancshares, Inc. (parent holding company of The Croghan Colonial Bank) acquired Indebancorp
(parent holding company of National Bank of Ohio). All National Bank of Ohio branches (located in Oak Harbor,
Port Clinton, Oregon and Curtice) became office of Croghan Colonial Bank, as well as the Perrysbug Loan Center.
Colonel George Croghan was just 21 years of age when he lead troops through the Battle of Fort Stephenson on August 2, 1813. Croghan had only 160 men with just one piece of artillery, Old Betsy - a cannon, but by shifting its position from place to place he made his enemy believe that his troops were well armed.
The British stormed the fort with 500 Red Coats and 800 Indians. After the battle, the British loss of dead and wounded was about 120, while Colonel Croghan lost only eight men.
We honor our name sake to this day, admiring his courage and leadership.